I don't feel like my feet touched the ground!
I am sure many of you are in the same position this time of year so I post this recipe for you. It doesn't take much to make and you can sit down with a cup of tea and a slice whilst you allow life to pass you by for 10 minutes! You deserve it after all!
Mincemeat shortbread (gluten, dairy, egg, nut and soya-free)
Makes approx. 12 slices
2oz coconut oil
2oz dairy free margarine
2oz white sugar plus extra for sprinkling
7oz plain gluten-free flour (I used Doves)
Half tsp vanilla paste (or a full tsp vanilla extract)
4tbsp mincemeat (ideally my pear and amaretto one!)
1) Melt the coconut oil, then mix with the margarine and sugar until smooth
2) Add the flour, vanilla and mincemeat and stir well. The mixture will be quite soft at this point. Don't worry!
3) Place the dough into a greased round tin approx. 18cm in diameter and firm down well, smoothing it off on the top
4) Score the dough where you would like to cut it...making sure you do not go all the way through the dough. This will make it easier to cut when it is cooked
5) Bake in a pre-heated oven at 160 degrees (140 degree fan) for 35-40 minutes until firm to touch
6) Whilst still warm sprinkle with white sugar and leave to cool completely in the tin before cutting
If you can tolerate dairy then use 4oz butter with 6oz flour and 2oz sugar for a perfect shortbread!